Investigative Journalism Today - Speaking Truth to Power
Conversation starts at 6.30pm
Simons Muirhead And Burton, W1D 3JB
Investigative journalism is having a renaissance in 2018. Week after week, day after day, stories that matter and make a difference are breaking.
The Windrush Generation Scandal, The Cambridge Analytica Scandal, the Harvey Weinstein Scandal plus the millions of leaked documents from the Panama and Paradise Papers. What explains this golden era? Will last?Come and hear some leading practitioners - as well as have the opportunity to ask your own questions.
Rachel Oldroyd is the managing editor of the Bureau of Investigative journalism and will be chairing the event. The panel will include:
- Peter Taylor OBE: Veteran Investigative TV Reporter with credits including This Week, Panorama, and Provos.
- David Cay Johnston: Pulitzer Prize Winner and Author of It's Even Worse Than You Think: What the Trump Administration is Doing to America.
This event is held to mark the publication of Investigative Journalism Today: Speaking Truth to Power. Discounted copies will be on sale.
We are also extremely grateful to Simons Muirhead and Burton for hosting this timely and important event - as well as providing wine for our guests.
Where: Simons Muirhead and Burton, 8-9 Frith Street, W1D 3JB
Time: 6.30pm for 7pm.
- The Media Society Members & Sister Organisations £10
- Guests and Non Members £15
- Students (ID Required) £5