Who Won The TV World Cup?
Conversation starts at 6.30pm
The Groucho, Dean Street, W1D
Billions will watch it worldwide, including tens of millions within Britain alone. The World Cup is simply the biggest sporting event of the year.
So, how did British television cover it? What were the innovations that worked and those which did not? Which experts came out best? Was it the female stars who shone? And who simply provide the best shows on the night – ITV or BBC?
Join a panel of those who were putting the coverage together, both in Russia and at home, their bosses and those who watched it from the sofa to judge.
Chair: Stewart Purvis CBE Chelsea Fan(and former Chief Executive ITN)
- Roger Mosey: Master of Selwyn College, Cambridge and former Director of London 2012
- Mihir Bose: Broadcaster, journalist and the BBC's first sports editor
- Mark Demuth: Controller of ITV Sport, Production
- Philip Bernie: Head of Television Sport BBC
- Where: The Groucho
- When: Monday, July 23, 6.30pm for 7pm
- Tickets: £10 for Media Society Members, £15 for Guests and Non-Members, £5 for Students
Join The Media Society to enjoy member discounts and other benefits for only £60 per year. Please see "how to join" on our website www.themediasociety.com.